Plexr® is "THE GAME CHANGER"
Plexr is a patented new technology that removes excess skin by a process called sublimation. Plexr creates a plasma arc which 'zaps' away excess skin. It is a very safe and effective treatment.
Plexr is commonly used for:
- brow lift
- saggy skin around the eyes (called 'non-surgical blepharoplasty', 'plexr blepharoplasty', 'soft blepharoplasty', 'soft eyelid surgery')
- scars & stretch marks
- acne (active or scars)
- tattoo removal (any colour)
- tightening skin in any part of the body e.g. neck & jowls
- removing benign moles/warts/skin tags/sebaceous cysts
consultation appointment 30 minutes, treatment appointment 90 minutes, follow-up appointments 20 minutes each
Numbing cream followed by numbing injections.
You will need to keep the area clean, dry and protected from sun exposure. You will be given an aftercare kit with creams to be applied for 7 days. This helps to promote healing and optimise your treatment results. You will need to protect from sun exposure until all of the redness has settled post-treatment.
What are the risks/complications?:
Plexr is very safe, it can even be used on the inner rim of the eye. The side effects of treatment are:
- crusting of the skin (a thin crust forms over the area treated with Plexr)
- swelling (for up to 7 days)
- soreness/itching at the treatment site (for up to 7 days)
- pigmentation (for around 8 weeks post treatment)
Prior to treatment, the doctor will discuss Plexr in detail with you, including a thorough review of the risks/complications and how to look after the treated area to ensure you get the best results.
When will I see results?:
You will see immediate results and the treated area will continue to improve for 3 months after your Plexr treatment - so be patient!
The treatment packages includes 2 sessions of Plexr therapy and comprehensive follow-up.
We review results 2 and 6 weeks after treatment.
How long do the results last?
The treatment is permanent. However, the skin will continue to age and eventually you may see problems such as wrinkles, saggy skin etc re-appear (usually after 5+ years). This is a normal process of ageing and the Plexr treatment can simply be repeated again.
How do the results compare with other treatments available?
- Plexr vs Eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty) :
Plexr has less down-time (5 days compared to 14 days with surgery), is safer (no general anaesthetic), has more reliable results (i.e. no asymmetrical eyelids!) and is significantly cheaper. However, more extensive facial ageing problems may not be solved with Plexr alone e.g. significant skin laxity and drop requiring surgical face lift.
- Plexr vs Other Acne treatments (e.g. chemical peels, creams or Roacutane):
Plexr can treat active acne and acne scars. Active acne will not re-emerge in areas treated with Plexr so it is useful in preventing acne, the results are seen quickly and fewer treatment sessions are generally required, the skin is not generally sore/painful after Plexr, no regular check-ups or blood tests are required with Plexr.
- Plexr vs Other methods for removing skin lesions:
Plexr can remove large skin lesions without leaving any scars.
Images courtesy of Fusion GT